Friday, August 8, 2014

Baby Download 43% Complete

Seventeen weeks is today. According to my pregnancy tickers, the baby is roughly the size of an onion, is about 5.5 inches long, and his or her bones are beginning to ossify. Been chugging milk to assist with that.

I've definitely felt some unmistakable baby movement, earning my baby the ever so creative nickname of "Squirmy". I'm sick of calling the baby "it"!

I am now into many of my maternity pants; in fact, if I want to wear anything but yoga pants, I need to wear my maternity jeans. Now, if I could just start looking like I'm pregnant instead of like I'm just getting fat, that would be lovely!

It's nice to be able to enjoy my pregnancy now. I haven't had indigestion in a couple of days, which, really, is quite a lengthy vacation for my esophagus.

After reading that pregnant women should get at least 150 minutes of exercise in every week, I'm officially trying to work out for thirty minutes, 5-6 days a week, doing a combination of low-impact cardio, pilates, and a touch of yoga. I like thinking that this will hopefully make late pregnancy slightly less uncomfortable and labor just a smidgen quicker than it otherwise would be. And since lower back pain made a rather rude entrance into my life last week, I figure it's a good time for this regime -- I'm more comfortable and limber on the days I do pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment