Friday, August 22, 2014

Baby Download 48% Complete

Today is nineteen weeks. Next week is the "halfway" mark!

The baby is roughly the size of a mango and is about 6.5 inches long. Squirmy's brain is designating different lobes to specialize in various senses like taste, smell, hearing, and sight. Kidneys are fully functioning, hair continues to grow, and a waxy coating is forming on baby's skin to keep it from getting pruny in the amniotic fluid he or she will reside in for another five months.

I am growing steadily more plump but no definite "baby bump" yet, which I would really like to have simply to feel less like a big fatty and more like an obviously pregnant lady. My self esteem has been a bit low lately because I don't like how I look. No matter how much I paint my nails, pumice my feet, lather up with my favorite shower gel, put on makeup, and wear [what I think are] cute maternity clothes, I generally feel frumpy and so-so about my appearance. We'll blame it on hormones; I'm determined to feel cute at some point this pregnancy, and hopefully when my bangs are long enough to get the long pixie I really want (sometime next month), that will happen. I think it will help a lot because I feel much more confident with really short hair -- longer hair tends to make me look heavier because of how it sits around my face.

As many of my Facebook friends have seen, I am continuing to do workouts in hopes of not gaining more weight than I need to, having an easier labor, and being better able to lose the baby weight after delivery. I'm trying to do three days of definite cardio (for stamina and a strong heart) and three days of prenatal pilates (for strength and flexibility) every week. (Sorry to those of you who see the DailyMile posts all the time -- it motivates me to share my workouts.)

There's my weekly update. Can't wait to see Squirmy on September 3 via ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment