Sunday, November 9, 2014

Baby Download 75% Complete

This post was delayed due to a busy weekend!

My husband and I were blessed with a nice little intimate family/close friends baby shower this weekend. We are overwhelmed at all the trouble people have gone to for us!

Squirmy is tumbling -- my belly almost did not stop moving during church today. So irreverent, Squirmy!

Belly is growing. I have handed over most laundry-hauling tasks to my husband. If I do laundry it will be smaller loads in smaller baskets. It is notably harder to get up off the floor from doing Pilates, and I am also turning over most bending-over tasks such as picking laundry up off the bathroom floor to Squirmy's to-be-dad.

Back is hurting. Sometimes it's tolerable, sometimes I stagger around like a drunk person trying to walk home from the bar because it feels like somebody jammed a screwdriver into the small of my back.

Anxiety is heightening. I still have so much to do to get this house ready for baby and I am steadily becoming more physically unable to do a lot of what needs to be done. Actually, the vast majority of these tasks I can't do because it involves getting heavy pieces of furniture into the basement, so I have to wait on my husband to have guys over to help him do that (it's been scheduled; I just need to wait now.)

Hormones are raging -- I cried today while doing my hair and makeup because I felt my efforts to look decent were absolutely futile.


Still trying to sort out what baby things we actually need/will use yet. So many people have given us stuff and it has saved us a lot of money. I am continuing to find good second-hand deals, such as a high chair and Baby Bjorn which I will be picking up this week. I'm afraid of paying for things I won't end up using at all, and I'm afraid of not getting things that I'm really going to want and am going to have to spend additional money on after Squirmy is here. I suppose both of these things will happen in some way and it's best not to stress. But I am, a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment