Thursday, July 24, 2014

Three Thoughts from Today

1) I park in the designated "New and Expecting Mothers" parking spot at HyVee (midwestern grocery chain).  It is admittedly fun to know I can technically park there. I'm not showing and am starting to feel better, so I feel a bit bad for it, especially when I notice suspicious glares from passersby. But there are four or five of these spots in the parking lot, usually all unoccupied, while the rest of the parking lot is nearly chocked full.  On the other hand, what if a new mother with a freshly birthed baby would have taken that spot? It's quite the internal struggle for me, really!

2) My current "thing" is pasta salad. My husband hates pasta salad, so when he perked up and asked what I was making as I put some water on the stove, I felt a little bashful with my answer. He is disappointed, poor guy. But, really, how can you go wrong with creamy ranch sprinkled with delicious bacon bits and tiny vegetables in small enough amounts to go unnoticed?

3) Maybe I'm crunchy, but -- mainly to save money, and because I know there's only one kid coming out of this pregnancy -- I'm very seriously looking into cloth diapering.  Before you freak out and say "ewwww," just hear me out!  Cloth diapering has come a LONG WAY from leaky plastic pants, dishcloths, and pins. And, call me crazy, but after obsessively researching, watching literally dozens of YouTube videos, and visiting countless CD blogs... I think I might be able to handle it... yes, really, you CAN call me crazy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Molly, I cloth diapered my son, and it was the best decision that I made with him. You can even ask Kerry for advice if you need some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I have talked with Kerry a little bit about it. The CD communities I have come across have been very helpful and supportive! :)

      Delete